acl-devel

Re: [Acl-devel] Default acl not respected when copying

From: f0rhum
Subject: Re: [Acl-devel] Default acl not respected when copying
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 20:39:51 +0200

Le 14/10/2014 15:57, Michael Orlitzky a écrit :
> This is a bug in 'cp'. It tries to respect the existing permissions,
> which doesn't make sense in the presence of ACLs,
Thank you so much Mickael, nobody could/wanted to explain that before.
The mad thing is there is no official info about it like if experts were
in shame to admit they spread this bug in their distributions.
I thought inotify plus setfacl -R over the full tree could help, but
this is surely the brute's way and even, by chance, far away from my
skills. I'll have a look at your way.
The strange thing is it not yet officially patched with the growing
number of linux users. I read a 4 years old paper/slide from Andreas and
Aneesh Kumar & Greg Banks friends who suggested to adopt the Windows
like richacl with 16 permissions bits, but I understand this would be
too a huge change in Linux, so the audience was stunned!
Thank you again man, now I know I didn't do anything wrong.