Re: [Adonthell-devel] items & inventory

From: Thorsten Riess
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] items & inventory
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 19:45:28 +0100

Hi!

> > > PS: some general note on the CVS code: the _only_ versions of
> > > autoconf/automake/libtool that worked for me were autoconf
> > > 2.13/automake 1.4 and libtool 1.3.4... especially newer libtool
> > > versions seem to be a problem. Just to let you know, maybe there
> > > should be some hint on the webpage...
> >
> > Oh. I'll add a note on this tomorrow. Never really tried anything
> > else. Currently running 2.13/1.4/1.35 on this box.
>
> Maybe we should try to make newer versions working as well - could
> you give more details on what the problem is?

ok, here are the error messages:
running autogen.sh using libtool >1.4 and autoconf 2.13 and automake
1.4 gives:
configure.in: 20: required file `./ltconfig' not found
The configure script is built but of course ltconfig can't be found

running autogen.sh using libtool 1.3.5 and autoconf 2.52 and automake
1.4 gives the following warning:
configure.in:24: warning: AC_CANONICAL_HOST invoked multiple times
configure.in:25: warning: AC_ARG_PROGRAM was called before
AC_CANONICAL_TARGET
running the configure script gives the error:
./ltconfig: .: /dev/null: not a regular file

Hope that helps resolving that issue.

Thorsten.