Re: [Adonthell-devel] Autoconf problem

From: Thorsten Riess
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Autoconf problem
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 09:41:00 +0100

Hi!

> I've upgraded to autoconf 2.53, automake 1.4 and libtool 1.4.2a,
> everything runs without problems.
>
> Normally ltconfig is included into the CVS, isn't it? I don't see how
> it could be missing.

It is (was) not in the CVS, and IMO it is not necessary because it
should be built by autogen (but I am not sure, I don't fully understand
that autoconf/automake system anyway :)

> The only message autogen.sh gives me is: You should update your
> `aclocal.m4' by running aclocal. But everything works fine. Thorsten,
> What distro are you using? Someone else to make some tests?

I use linux from scratch, no distro :) As I understand the whole
libtool-autoconf/automake communication has been changed in the 1.4.x
versions of libtool, yet again, I am not sure. I will have a closer
look at that problem next week!

Happy Easter everybody :)
Thorsten.