Re: [Adonthell-devel] dlgedit, charedit, questedit

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] dlgedit, charedit, questedit
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 08:29:34 +0100

Am Montag, 12.01.04 um 05:20 Uhr schrieb Andrew Michael Phillips:

I went looking in the CVS for dlgedit and some of the other editors, but
I'm a bit confused by the fact that they are buried, as it were, in the
0.3 directory. Are those versions of the editors still up to date?

Charedit will probably need some severe updates, once characters are implemented for v0.4. However, since it uses an extra tool to convert charedit output to our binary data format, that isn't as big a problem as it might seem. Still, I would use it with care.

Dlgedit is a different matter. It's perfectly usable for creating v0.4 dialogues. For now it's kept in the v0.3 tree, but it will move to a seperate tool module once character and quest basics are implemented in v0.4. (It needs those, to work properly.) So feel free to use it. It'll be perfectly compatible with future versions, if any.