[Adonthell-devel] Re: Win32 build progress

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Win32 build progress
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 22:58:17 +0200

On 9/8/06, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

Just another quick update.

So right now, I see a couple of options:
[...]
* track back, trash cygwin and start fresh with msys and mingw. It
might be harder to install first, but compiling stuff might actually
be simpler. It would definitely solve the cyg*.dll naming of libs I'm
experiencing (but might introduce other obstacles).

I'm currently in the process of doing this and so far I am very happy
about it. The only bit that didn't go as smooth as expected is Python,
which cannot be build with mingw out of the box. I got a workaround
however ...

All in all, msys/mingw seems to be a much better combination than
cygwin/mingw. Most stuff compiles much more easily. Maybe I'm also
getting more accustomed to GNU on windows, which makes things seem
easier then they are ...

I also got NLS not only enabled, but also working for v0.3, so I could
play with Dutch or Italian language. I've already comitted the code
change required to get it working to both v0.3 and v0.4.