Re: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Win32 build progress

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Win32 build progress
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 10:45:48 +0200

Do you continue to use autohell ? If it is the case and if you are interested,
I can create something using cmake the next week. So in this way, you could
see the cmake touch  ;)

Funny. I was precisely looking at http://lwn.net/Articles/188693/
thinking *Woah* and *Ewww* when noticing your message. I was about to
give it a try, but since you know the matter much better, go ahead.

So I suppose I'll have a look at OpenGL rendering instead (make no
mistake - no hidden plan to turn Adonthell into a 3D game here). It
seems like a SDL 1.3 feature, but fortunately making a true OpenGL
backend under 1.2 doesn't seem so hard (according to this article:
http://osdl.sourceforge.net/OSDL/OSDL-0.3/src/doc/web/main/documentation/rendering/SDL-openGL.html
)

More fun to come!
Alex.