Re: [Adonthell-devel] CMake & CVS

From: Joël Vennin
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] CMake & CVS
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 14:27:08 +0200

Le dimanche 24 septembre 2006 12:41, Alexandre Courbot a écrit :
> > Really strange, are you sure that you have inside the
> > <ADONTHELL_ROOT>/config the FindSWIG.cmake package ?
> >
> > Because this file is "technically" commited, so check whether you have it
> > or not.
>
> Gee, I'm st00pid. I ran a 'cvs update' instead of 'cvs update -Pd' to
> check for new dirs.
I guest so ;)
> I've been so used to svn these times that I didn't
> remember that.

> Works for me now - although there is already a SWIG macro in cmake,
> why use your own one?
This macro is a copy of the original CMake macro, however, the detection of
SWIG depends on a valid distribution architecture. So, my SWIG location is
not standard, and the default macro is unable to detect SWIG. So, it's why I
make a copy with a small change. In this way it can work on my system.
Moreover, it seems that to support all adonthell swig stuff, I have to make
some modification on some cmake swig macro.

> Anyway, having compiled the stuff, there is no comparison possible
> against autotools. Everything is so much more convenient (also seems
> to be faster). Great job, Jol! ;)
You're right that is really faster, we can do interesting thing using CMake,
even if I'm not a CMake expert, I'm sure that we can compile all adonthell
related stuff.

Jol