Re: [Adonthell-devel] CMake & CVS

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] CMake & CVS
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 04:21:30 +0200

On 9/26/06, Alexandre Courbot <address@hidden> wrote:

At worst, you can still manually specify your SWIG path by using
"ccmake" instead of cmake. Very useful.

Yep, although that is not available on Windows (there's CMakeSetup,
but that is unusable in my case). So what I did was add an additional
check for the swig executable. I figure if that exists, chances are
good that swig will be installed and usable. We still might need a
check for a supported version, as it seems that even SWIG 1.3.28
wasn't working correctly.

Other than that, I added the pkg-config stuff where available and got
much further that way. The only two pieces that aren't detected
correctly are SDL_mixer and ltdl. I fixed the include path for
SDL_mixer in CMakeCache.txt and passed -DHAVE_LIBLTDL=1 to get past
that check. Now I am compiling stuff, but ran into problems with the
linker:

$ make
[ 13%] Built target adonthell_base
Linking CXX shared library libadonthell_python.dll
Creating library file: libadonthell_python.dll.a
CMakeFiles/adonthell_python.dir/method.obj:method.cc:(.text$_ZN4base4flat10put_stringERKSsS2_[base::flat::put_string(std::basic_string<char,
std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&,
std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >
const&)]+0x4a): undefined reference to `base::flat::put(std::string
const&, base::flat::data_type const&, unsigned int const&, void
const*)'
[... some more errors of same kind ...]
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [src/python/libadonthell_python.dll] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/python/CMakeFiles/adonthell_python.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

The odd thing is that it is not complaining about flat::put_string
which is used in adonthell_python, but about flat::put, which is used
by put_string and is also located in adonthell_base. Even more
confusing, python::script.cc uses put_string too, but no errors come
up during linking.

Well, I'll play around with some ld-flags and see how far I get. I'll
keep you updated.