[Adonthell-devel] Win32/CMake progress

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Win32/CMake progress
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 07:48:12 +0100

After some wrestling with cmake, I've been finally able to compile
py_runtime into a proper DLL. With that, I could finally resolve the
"missing symbol cxx_to_py" errors I was getting when linking most of
the modules.

Another problem I ran into existed in the main module, where we have
this pointer to an external main application class. Once again, I got
stuck because DLLs do not support unresolved symbols. Since the whole
design of the main module is inspired by clanlib, I grabbed their
source code and looked how it was done correctly. I haven't tested
whether the fix works as intended, but at least I could link
libadonthell_main.dll.

Now I have build everything except the python wrapper for rhe main
module. The problem here is py_main.h, which sits in the source
folder, while py_main_wrap.cc is sitting in the build folder. I'm
currently playing with set_source_files_properties to add another
include folder to the file, but no idea if that'll work out in the end

Since I have separated runtime and debug wrappers into their own
folder, I'm not able to commit what I have yet. I don't want to break
the automake stuff before the cmake build process works completely
(And even then, I'd still keep both in sync for a while). I'll check
stuff in as soon as I've been able to verify the changes I made to the
makefiles. You'll hear from me then ...

With the unresolved external symbols settled, the only other thing
missing for the cmake build are install targets for the wrapper stuff.
Not sure if that's a big problem ... any help with it is welcome
though :-). Joel, Alex, anyone?

Kai.