Re: [Adonthell-devel] Waste's Edge

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Waste's Edge
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 16:31:14 +0900

> > I hope you'll find some help. Maybe I could help later, but it's
> > currently difficult for me (finishing studies, a lot of projects to do...)
>
> You have already helped with bug reports and a French translation will
> be a big thing! If a couple more people like you (or Tyler) were
> around, who contribute something useful every now and then, that would
> speed things up already. One or two additional "full time" developers
> would be awesome, of course :-).

Yup, there is no "minimal contribution". The French translation is
already great (and I should have done this myself a long time ago,
talk about feeling guilty! :p). So thanks a lot for that!

> There's a related thing I nearly forgot: when releasing an update of
> v0.3 with your French translation, it should also be prepared for
> being installed side-by-side with v0.4. A simple solution would be to
> rename the executable to adonthell-0.3 and have adonthell as a symlink
> pointing to it for the time being. Later it could point to
> adonthell-0.4 by default.

I think this solution would work perfectly. Anyway people run Waste's
Edge through the "wastesedge" script, not the Adonthell binary.

Alex.