Re: [Adonthell-devel] Waste's Edge

From: Stanislav Yudin
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Waste's Edge
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 04:20:09 +0300

Well guys, I'd like to help you with the project but there is a catch;) I do most of my codding in windows environment as part of my full time job. But I do have Linux installation around and quite familiar with Linux dev process. And second, I need some directions. If there were some description of problems with no solution, which were easy enough for newcomer and would help him understand architecture and simply get the big picture, that would be great. Anyway thanks for doing that great game.

On Jan 16, 2008 10:31 AM, Alexandre Courbot <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I hope you'll find some help. Maybe I could help later, but it's
> > currently difficult for me (finishing studies, a lot of projects to do...)
>
> You have already helped with bug reports and a French translation will
> be a big thing! If a couple more people like you (or Tyler) were
> around, who contribute something useful every now and then, that would
> speed things up already. One or two additional "full time" developers
> would be awesome, of course :-).

Yup, there is no "minimal contribution". The French translation is
already great (and I should have done this myself a long time ago,
talk about feeling guilty! :p). So thanks a lot for that!

> There's a related thing I nearly forgot: when releasing an update of
> v0.3 with your French translation, it should also be prepared for
> being installed side-by-side with v0.4. A simple solution would be to
> rename the executable to adonthell-0.3 and have adonthell as a symlink
> pointing to it for the time being. Later it could point to
> adonthell-0.4 by default.

I think this solution would work perfectly. Anyway people run Waste's
Edge through the "wastesedge" script, not the Adonthell binary.

Alex.