Re: [Adonthell-devel] Waste's Edge

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Waste's Edge
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:51:25 +0100

On Jan 17, 2008 2:20 AM, Stanislav Yudin <address@hidden> wrote:

> Well guys, I'd like to help you with the project but there is a catch;) I do
> most of my codding in windows environment as part of my full time job.

It's possible to develop on Windows too, but it won't be as simple as
firing up Visual Studio and hacking away. See
http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php/Development:MSYS/MinGW or
http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc/adonthell/README.Win32?revision=1.6&root=adonthell&view=markup
for the details.

If you want, I could possibly upload my environment somewhere, which
would at least save you from having to install all the libs required
by Adonthell.

> But I
> do have Linux installation around and quite familiar with Linux dev process.

That's the simpler solution of course, as it doesn't take long to get
all the dependencies together.

> And second, I need some directions. If there were some description of
> problems with no solution, which were easy enough for newcomer and would
> help him understand architecture and simply get the big picture, that would
> be great.

I have something in mind, but there is no task description available
yet. I can put something together once I am home from work.

In the meantime, you could browse the API
(http://adonthell.berlios.de/api/) or look at the Architecture
documentation (http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php/Architecture:Contents)
to get at least a basic overview of the engine and its current state.