[Adonthell-devel] Re: Adonthell 0.4.0 alpha 3

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Adonthell 0.4.0 alpha 3
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 10:10:23 +0100

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 5:23 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

A little update ...

> This is kind of an inofficial announcement, I don't have time right
> now to update the website, Wiki and external sites. So feel free to
> try and see if stuff works for you, and if it doesn't we still have
> the chance to update the package before making things "official". That
> will probably happen on Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. Maybe I'll
> also have binaries for OSX and Win32 ready by then.

Rian committed the new GUI code, so the release will be delayed until
we have something ready to demo that. Probably a dialogue with some QA
about the project, further help needed, etc.

Unfortunately, I've got problems with the GUI stuff on the Mac (it's
running fine on Linux and Win32, though). That means things will have
to wait a little bit longer, so that we can locate and fix the issue.

Rian also pointed out that with the current code base, we're nearly
back at the functionality present in Waste's Edge. Took only about 7
years to get there, but hey! :-). Also don't forget that there is a
lot more functionality present in the code base that just isn't
integrated yet.

Kai

P.S: test/guitest would be the demo for the GUI, if somebody wants to
have a look.