Re: [Adonthell-devel] Mac Gui Problems ... and a workaround

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Mac Gui Problems ... and a workaround
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 10:29:56 +0100

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 9:59 PM, Ingo Ruhnke <address@hidden> wrote:

I would assume it is a bug or shortcoming of SDL on OSX, given that
the same code runs fine on Linux and Windows but fails on both PPC and
Intel Macs.

> Hardware accelerated surface might have disappeared and require a
> reupload (happens when switching between fullscreen and window mode on
> Windows, no idea about MacOSX). This should lead to a different return
> value of SDL_BlitSurface().

I might have to add some debug info about the properties of the screen
surface we actually get on OSX and compare that with Linux/Win32.

> Something setup wrong with SDL_SetAlpha() that causes the surface to
> be all transparent.
>
> Something with big/little endian, in case a PPC is involved.
>
> Something that causes the drawing to happen in the wrong order (no
> idea if your code does any of that).

I would exclude all those, because with the workaround the actual
rendering pipeline doesn't change. The difference is that we use a
separate surface to assemble the frame, but it runs through the same
code otherwise.