[Adonthell-devel] Re: Editor work

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Editor work
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 19:41:36 +0100

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 3:25 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

> So there is probably another week of work to figure those issues out,
> but I feel that once that is done, we are at a point where we can
> create a map with mapedit and then use worldtest to try it out in the
> actual game.
>
> I'll keep you updated.

If you followed the committs, you've probably noticed last weeks work
that fixed the most critical mapedit issues, leaving only a problem
concerning character schedule scripts. I hope I can address this over
the weekend.

What I'd ultimately like to do this year is releasing an alpha-4 or
beta-1 and a matching toolset that allows map creation and testing the
result ingame. Then we can perhaps motivate some artist(s) to
contribute stuff, as they'll be actually able to create and place it
on the world themselves. That also means we need to finish the
modeller docs and create docs for mapedit.

Seeing the short period of time left this year, which includes 2 weeks
of business travel still, I don't think a release for the holidays
will be possible. Early next year might work though, and it might fit
well with the trend that progress in the first two quarters seems
better than during the last half of the year.

Help is welcome, of course, especially with the documentation and
testing, so that stuff will compile across platforms and not crash at
least ;-).

I should be able to post another progress update on Sunday.

Kai

P.S. Spent about 30 hours with Dragon Age so far and it says 10%
completed. Might write up another round of thoughts later tonight.