[Adonthell-devel] Hardware acceleration on its way

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Hardware acceleration on its way
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 22:37:00 +0100

Getting sidetracked, again. But with all the good stuff happening with
SDL 1.3 lately, I couldn't resist any longer. I have most of the SDL
1.3 gfx backend working natively, instead of through the 1.2
compatibility layer. What's mostly missing are the bits that draw onto
surfaces instead of the screen. Points and lines will be simple and
surface to surface blitting not much harder. Most trouble will be
filling rectangles and supporting masked surfaces.

I hope to have everything ready sometime next week. Really curious if
there'll be a difference compared to what we have now. At least on the
800Mhz iBook, CPU is at 100% when running worldtest, and it's nowhere
as smooth as on the 2.5Ghz dualcore desktop box. I'll keep you
updated.