Re: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Hardware acceleration on its way

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Hardware acceleration on its way
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 00:39:33 +0100

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 12:40 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

> Added a workaround, but then went and reported it to SDL, since I
> wasn't really happy with what I had to do. Should be fixed in SDL now,
> so I'll have to verify that tonight and if stuff works out, I can
> revert most of what I did.

Recent SDL fixed that issue, so I continued to work on the remaining issues.

* Masked images work, although not to the same degree as with the SDL
1.2 backend. However, all the functionality we actually used is there
:-).
* Reading/writing pixels is working, at least on little endian
machines. Will have to test on the iBook once I'm done to fix it up
for big endian too.

There's one minor issue that sometimes there'll be garbage where a
surface should be transparent. Need to check back with SDL on that.
Submitted a patch that fixes the problem, but the root cause might be
with my code, so not sure how this goes ...

Remains the scaling in fullscreen mode. Guess that remains a nice task
for the weekend!

Cheers,