[Adonthell-devel] Re: Hardware acceleration on its way

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Hardware acceleration on its way
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 11:02:57 +0100

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 12:19 AM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

> It's working in principle, but some details need fixing. Most obvious
> is the lacking support for masked images, followed by color issues
> when drawing individual pixels and screwed up alpha channel handling
> when doing blits in software (which happens when blits go to another
> surface instead of directly to the screen).

Haven't committed my latest work, but want to give an update at least.

* Software blits between surfaces are working correctly now. imagetest
with SDL 1.3 produces the same output as with SDL 1.2. There are still
some optimizations pending, so that only the changed area of the
target texture will be updated after the blit. Right now its always
the whole texture.

* Handling of masked surfaces is working somewhat, but more work needs
to go into it to support surfaces without alpha channel.

working last week. Have yet to figure out if a bug crept into SDL or
if its something on my side. Might be some mismatch between our RGB24
and SDLs internal RGB888 format.

* Scaling is the only big thing that is missing. It will requires a
bit of a redesign to avoid blitting to an intermediate surface.

Hope to get stuff wrapped up this week.