Re: [Adonthell-devel] Windows binary

From: Josh Glover
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Windows binary
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 11:14:33 +0200

Checking it now. :)

On Friday, 8 July 2016, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 11:37 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

I think I have a first working binary package for 64bit Windows. [...] Nothing fancy, no installer, no icons, etc., just a .zip file to extract and run. But from there all the rest should not be too difficult.

Finished the installer today, and made sure that file properties and icons are set correctly.

I used the WiX toolset (http://wixtoolset.org/), which is open source software to create .msi packages based on an XML description. Quite mighty, and by following their tutorial, I basically had everything I needed. :-)

There was also a small issue I noticed when switching from fullscreen to windowed mode, that the window title bar was actually outside the desktop area, so it wasn't possible to move the window around. Window now gets centered on its screen.

If the stuff in the .zip file is confirmed to work, I can upload the installable version.

Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse the brevity and potential typos.