Re: [Adonthell-devel] Moving v0.3 code to git

From: Chris Frey
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Moving v0.3 code to git
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 19:07:54 -0400

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 11:57:49PM +0200, Kai Sterker wrote:
> While all the v0.4 stuff is on Github, I would rather keep v0.3 code with
> Savannah, now that they also offer git repositories. The one thing that is
> less then ideal, however, is that by default Savannah only provides a
> single git repository. Additional repos can be added upon request, but they
> are not as visible as the "default". I.e. there is no direct link to browse
> them. Basically looks like this:
>   https://savannah.nongnu.org/git/?group=grip

Note that it is possible to have more than one git branch that doesn't
start at the same history point.

For example, you might have one branch containing your main tree, and
another branch containing only some support scripts.  If you look at
the full git-log history of both branches, they need not touch each other
at all.

See:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12543055/how-to-push-new-branch-without-history

Not sure if this addresses your concern, but it is one option.

- Chris