Re: [Adonthell-devel] Moving v0.3 code to git

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Moving v0.3 code to git
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 20:31:51 +0200

On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 1:07 AM, Chris Frey <address@hidden> wrote:

Code moved to git, sorry about the SPAM for those that still subscribe to adonthell-commits! Should have pushed the old stuff before getting notifications enabled. At least it's confirmed they work! ;-)

Anyway, see here for details on how to access the code:

  https://savannah.nongnu.org/git/?group=adonthell

Repositories can also be accessed via browser at

  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/adonthell.git
  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/adonthell/adonthell-wastesedge.git

Now I can go ahead and rename the configure.in files to configure.ac and fix various file permission issues.

> Note that it is possible to have more than one git branch that doesn't
> start at the same history point.
>
> For example, you might have one branch containing your main tree, and
> another branch containing only some support scripts.  If you look at
> the full git-log history of both branches, they need not touch each other
> at all.

In the end, I figured that perhaps the simplest solution would also be the best. While the two repositories now have slightly different URLs, in practice it shouldn't be a big deal. And locally, one is free to name the directories whatever one wants anyway.