apps-gnustep

Re: BSDConfig

From: Christian Edward Gruber
Subject: Re: BSDConfig
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 17:20:25 -0400

Folks... NeXTSTEP had TONS! of splashscreens, and I hate to tell you,but most
usability gurus recommend them as indicators of progress in load-up.
Specifically progress indicators reduce user dissatisfaction, as they give an
indicator of user time investment.

Sorry to blow any anti-M$ sentiment, but if this is indeed an "evil", it's not
one that MS invented.  And I disagree that it is an evil at all.  Now modal
splashscreens which prevent you from changing window focus... they _are_
evil... ;)

And besides, splash screens are a great place to drop in amusements, as the
Lighthouse and other folks often used to do.

regards,
christian.