apps-gnustep

ANN: Burn.app 0.3.0pre2 (follow-up)

From: Andreas Heppel
Subject: ANN: Burn.app 0.3.0pre2 (follow-up)
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 10:28:28 +0100

Hi again,
> I have a new preview for Burn.app. It still cannot handle data files (sorry
> Stéphane ;-), but I promise this will come before the release of 0.3.0. What
> I have are lots of changes in the GUI. In particular the CD list has vanished
> from the project window into a separate panel and (more important) there are
> two inspectors. The Track and the Media Inspector. They are not finished,
> yet. In particular the Media Inspector currently displays just fake data, and
> the Track Inspector lacks the track type information. But they give you an
I have send some time yesterday night and finished the Media Inspector. It
shows real information about the inserted medium. You will need a working
cdrdao for this, since cdrecord does not deliver any useful information about
the medium. If there is no medium in the drive it wil take about 10 secs.
before Burn.app (cdrdao) detects this and the app seems to hang. That's normal,
since I don't use threads here and cdrdao waits a looooong time for a medium to
be inserted. If someone wants to donate a solution he/she is welcome. I for
sure won't ;-)

So, if you want to try this forget about the RELEASE_BURN_0_3_0_PRE2 tag, and
just check out the CVS TOT.

cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gsburn login

No password.

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gsburn co Burn.app

Cheers,
Andreas

--
Andreas Heppel

Mail: aheppel at web dot de
Home: http://www.andreasheppel.de

Check out GSburn.app - the CD burning frontend for GNUstep
http://gsburn.sourceforge.net