apps-gnustep

Re: GWorkspace issues on MinGW

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: GWorkspace issues on MinGW
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 22:24:33 +0100

On 8/18/06, Enrico Sersale <address@hidden> wrote:
On 2006-08-18 14:01:02 +0300 Nicolas Roard <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm not sure GWorkspace is actually even supposed to work on
> Windows... it probably expects lots of linuxism.

GWorkspace has *NO* linuxisms; besides linux, it runs on darwin, *BSD, solaris,
etc...

I just meant linuxism as in != Windows ...
I should have s/linuxism/unixism :-)

Here I see a problem in the "C:\DesktopNewFolder" path; there is not the path separator that should
be between "C:\Desktop" and "NewFolder".
Usually I use -stringByAppendingPathComponent: and, in the few cases when I
must append a path separator by hand, I use a function that calls
NSFileManager's -stringWithFileSystemRepresentation:length:; this should give
correct paths also on windows.
Anyway, not having windows, I can't test anything and it's very probable that
gworkspace doesn't run on it, but not due of these basical problems (path
handling, etc...).

It's perhaps also a problem with NSFileManager itself when used on
Windows, not specifically GWorkspace.

--
Nicolas Roard
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly