artanis

Re: [Artanis] Fwd: Web Browser Plugin/Extension : HTML <script type="app

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: [Artanis] Fwd: Web Browser Plugin/Extension : HTML <script type="application/gnuguile"></script>?
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2019 02:01:48 +0800

Hey folks!
I have to say, this is an exciting topic, and I've been actually looking
forward to a solution for years.

However, I realized that we can't find a direct way for that. That is to
say, <script type="application/gnuguile"></script> is not going to
happen. Why? There was a type named "application/vbscript" in the ECMA
standard, but then it was obosoleted, and "javascript" become the only
choice in the standard. So the "type" attribute in "script" tag is
useless now. You may even ignore it.

BUT, every complete explaination must come to a "BUT". ;-)
BUT, we can do it indirectly. Nowadays Javascript and its toolchains are
extreamly optimized, so that many people write source-to-source compiler
for it. So you may translate any language to Javascript with a nice
performance on the web, for example, Typescript. This is the pre-compiled way
to go.

There's also the interpreted way to go, BiwaScheme is one of them. You
may just write Scheme code inlined in your web page, and it can be
interpreted on the fly.

I think there're lot of things to be referenced. From tech perspective,
it's not cutting-edge so that there're lot of existing projects to be
learnt from. The hard part is how to make a good community to let us
help each other. For example, if anyone wrote a good Scheme-to-JS
transpiler or interpreter with good DOM support, I'm happy to integrate
it to Artanis. To enhance BiwaScheme is also a choice, but I hope it can
reuse existing Javascript/Typescript modules easily.

Come on hackers, we need some heroes!

Best regards.

--
GNU Powered it