arx-users

Re: [Arx-users] Error trying to pull ArX 2.0

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: Re: [Arx-users] Error trying to pull ArX 2.0
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 09:18:02 -0400

Kevin Smith wrote:
Any idea how long it may take to pull ArX 2.0? Based on progress I've seen so far, it seems like it will take hours. I'm on a fast cable modem connection, using an Athlon 2600 (3700 bogomips).

To answer my own question, it just finished. There was no visual progress feedback at all. I think piping error output to /dev/null sped it up a ton. It only took about 30 seconds cpu time, and 5 minutes real time.

Also, is it really right for "get" to start putting ,, files directly in the current directory? I actually expected it to create an arx subdirectory first (as cvs does), and I expected it to contain the ArX source code top-level directory (README, COPYING, etc).

Upon successful completion, I ended up with exactly what I expected. An arx subdir containing the arx project. I guess it's only if you abort the process early that you end up with junk in the current directory. That does seem like a bug to me.

Ok. Now I build ArX 2 and play with it!

Kevin