arx-users

Re: [Arx-users] Segfault accessing the publix ArX archive

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: Re: [Arx-users] Segfault accessing the publix ArX archive
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 14:01:15 -0500

Walter Landry wrote:
That would be very useful.  Just run configure as

./configure CXXFLAGS="-g -Wall" --prefix=/path/to/install/dir

That doesn't seem to have been enough. Don't I also need to tell the linker that I want debugging info?

When I run gdb, I get:

---
warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function.
GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers
and track explicitly loaded dynamic code.
[New Thread 16384 (LWP 6649)]
---

Maybe I'm missing something else. I haven't tried to debug C++ on this machine before. Debugging C seems to work fine.

As an aside, it would be nice if arx --version reported the build date/time, in addition to the version. It would help me confirm that I'm really running the version I just recompiled.

Kevin