[aspell] Hyphenation in aspell suggestions

From: Aaron Weiss
Subject: [aspell] Hyphenation in aspell suggestions
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 12:31:26 -0400

Hi there,

Using a custom wordlist, a user might submit the word 'failover' to
the aspell engine. Assuming that 'failover' is not on the custom
wordlist, aspell returns a number of suggestions, one of which may be
'fail-over'.

It seems that aspell is adding hyphenation in its suggestion
algorithm, and I can understand why for typical circumstances.
But in my particular application, I only want other words on the
wordlist to be suggested, not hyphenated forms which themselves
are not on the wordlist.

Is this possible? Can I somehow 'disable' aspell's suggestions of
hyphenated forms of misspelled words?

thanks--
Aaron

-----