Re: [Aspell-user] Selecting dictionary with the C interface

From: Bill Moseley
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Selecting dictionary with the C interface
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 00:19:31 -0700

At 02:23 AM 08/27/02 -0400, Kevin Atkinson wrote:
>> >PWLI are no longer used.  Please read the manual for Aspell 0.50.
>>
>> I'm not clear.  They still work, though -- at least I'm using one and it's
>> locating the dictionary.  Still documented at section 5.7 AWLI files.
>>
>> Or is there something else that I missed?
>
>files ending is .awli (renamed from .pwli) are still recognized but the
>dictionaries distributed with Aspell no longer use them.  Instead Aspell
>recognizes the dictionaries directly based on the way they are named.

Oh, I didn't catch that change.

The docs still say .pwli:

  Each AWLI has the the following name:

But, now after checking I see that it's not using my .pwli file.

See, with .33 I was doing something like this:

   aspell --lang=english create master ./dict < word_list

Then adding the full path to ./dict in a file named:

   en-american-test-aspell.pwli

And then setting:

    'add-word-list-path'=> './',
    'language-tag'      => 'en',
    'spelling'          => 'american',
    'jargon'            => 'test',

That no longer works with 0.50.x.  Now I just set master and all is well.

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley
mailto:address@hidden