Re: [Aspell-user] Selecting dictionary with the C interface

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Selecting dictionary with the C interface
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 21:25:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Bill Moseley wrote:

> At 02:23 AM 08/27/02 -0400, Kevin Atkinson wrote:

> >files ending is .awli (renamed from .pwli) are still recognized but the
> >dictionaries distributed with Aspell no longer use them.  Instead Aspell
> >recognizes the dictionaries directly based on the way they are named.
>
> Oh, I didn't catch that change.
>
> The docs still say .pwli:
>
>   Each AWLI has the the following name:

Oops.  It is now fixed.  Sorry.

> But, now after checking I see that it's not using my .pwli file.

FYI There are actually several problems with this.

> See, with .33 I was doing something like this:
>
>    aspell --lang=english create master ./dict < word_list

1) The language name is now "en" english may still work but only if there
is an old data file still around.

> Then adding the full path to ./dict in a file named:
>
>    en-american-test-aspell.pwli

2) Now .awli

> And then setting:
>
>     'add-word-list-path'=> './',
>     'language-tag'      => 'en',

3) Even though language-tag is still supported the perfered option to use
is just "lang".

>     'spelling'          => 'american',

4) The spelling tag is now longer used.  It wasn't being used in the
latest version of Pspell also.  Instead use en_US ad the language-tag

>     'jargon'            => 'test',
>
> That no longer works with 0.50.x.  Now I just set master and all is well.

---
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org