[Aspell-user] Reg. performance of suggestions

From: Ananda Kumar C
Subject: [Aspell-user] Reg. performance of suggestions
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 14:58:43 +0530

Hi All,

We are trying to use aspell as the spell checker for our application and seeing a delay in getting the suggestions for a misspelled word to the tune of around 64 millisecs on an average. Checking a word for correct spelling takes only a few microsecs, which is very good. We could also get away with getting the best suggestion or the best 5 suggestions from the suggestion list. Is there a way to limit aspell (by tweaking the code, if need may be) to return only the best suggestion or the best 5 suggestions, so that the time taken for getting the list of suggestions comes down?

Thanks
Anand.