[Aspell-user] personal dictionary words not recognized?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Aspell-user] personal dictionary words not recognized?
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 14:06:11 -0600

I create a personal dictionary ~/.aspell.en_US.pws with a word that
aspell complains about that I want to accept:
$ aspell dump personal
beamer

I run aspell, and it still says the word is misspelled:
$ echo beamer | aspell list
beamer

Help?  I could not find the answer in the manual or in the mailing list
archives, though I saw the question being asked.  Sorry if I missed it.

The personal dictionary file is simply these two lines:
personal_ws-1.1 en 0
beamer

Since aspell dump reports the word, I'm supposing that it is being
recognized.

Thanks,
Karl

P.S. There are some typos in this section:

3.2.2.1 Functionally of the Ispell Compatibility Script
  Functionally -> Functionality

The ability to check a file when called with out any mode
  with out -> without

The list of -l mode.
  of -> or