Re: [BUG]

From: Al Haji-Ali
Subject: Re: [BUG]
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2021 15:26:04 +0000

On 03/02/2021, Uwe Brauer wrote:
> BTW I have no strong opinion about the _region  problem. I tend to think
> it should also go into the build directory, but maybe others thing
> differently.

I have my setup like this

(setq TeX-output-dir  "build"
      TeX-region      "build/_region_")

This way all AUCTeX-generated files are in the build directory including both
the region tex file and all its outputs (when using my patch).

There is an inconsistency because the new `TeX-build-dir` is buffer-local (I am
thinking different tex files might have different build directories) but
`TeX-region` is global. I am not sure what the best course of action is
(changing both to buffer-local, changing both to global or keeping things as
is).

Best regards,
-- Al