Re: Suggestion: Move xparse.el to latex.el

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: Suggestion: Move xparse.el to latex.el
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 16:30:55 +0200

Hi Gustavo,

Gustavo Barros <gusbrs.2016@gmail.com> writes:

> But since the LaTeX release of 2020/10/01, `xparse' is part of the
> kernel as `ltcmd.dtx', and `\NewDocumentCommand' and friends are
> actually available out of the box, with no need to load `xparse'
> explicitly anymore. [...]
>
> What do you think of moving this support to somewhere where it is
> loaded by default (rather than depending on the style file for
> `xparse')? I presume it would be `latex.el', but where it's deemed
> appropriate.

That is the plan: The code in xparse.el will eventually land in
latex.el.  I haven't done it yet because it didn't parse embellishments
(e/E types) correctly.  I have a working version on my HD which I will
push to AUCTeX repo soon (needs still some polishing).  After collecting
some user feedback, I will move the code into latex.el and possibly
remove xparse.el.

Best, Arash