how to set pdf viewers as local variables

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: how to set pdf viewers as local variables
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2022 21:34:13 +0100

Hi

That may sound bizarre, but on my Linux machine only okular allows me
forward and backward in hyperlinks, evince does not, however strangely
enough I can only print from evince but not from okular. (I am on Ubuntu
16.04 still, so that problem might have been solved already but I cannot
effort for the moment to upgrade).

I looked in the viewer setting, it is in fact a list of programs that
are set, but is there any change to have something like this

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: latex
%%% TeX-master: t
%%% eval: (add-to-list (make-local-variable 'set-my-pdfviewer) "Okular"))
%%% End:

Or something like this?

Thanks

Uwe

--
I strongly condem Putin's war of agression against the Ukraine.
I support to deliver weapons to Ukraine’s military.