Re: Intro

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Intro
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2022 21:03:24 +0100

Jan Braun <Jan.Braun@klein-gallien.org> writes:

Hi Jan,

> As you can see, from the menu line as well as the mode line, AUCTeX is
> activated.  Major mode is docTeX, …  Again: please compare this image
> with the example screenshot on the AUCTeX web page.  You’ll notice,
> that the lines containing the documentation have a grey background
> color, but the background color does not extent to the right hand side
> of the window pane, as it does in your example screenshot.

Ah, that's a recent emacs change.  If you want the background extend to
the end of the line, customize `font-latex-doctex-documentation-face'
and give it an Extend value of On.

> I can’t imagine, that this should be the normal AUCTeX behaviour.
> AUCTeX is so smart in almost everything it does, it supports the
> authors so broad and well, I can’t image, that it won’t have the same
> smartness on DTX files.  Please tell me, my assumption is not
> completely wrong.

Your assumption is correct but it seems you've discovered a bug.  When
you do

  M-: (TeX-load-style "doc") RET
  M-: (TeX-run-style-hooks "doc") RET

all the environments and formatting (no % in the macrocode body) are
there.  So it seems like auto-activation of the doc style in docTeX
documents has stopped working.

Bye,
Tassilo