Re: Intro

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: Intro
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2022 10:17:57 +0100

Hi Tassilo,

Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> writes:

> Jan Braun <Jan.Braun@klein-gallien.org> writes:
>
>> The Macros \TestFiles and \TestMissing are still unknown.
>
> Indeed, they don't seem to be defined anywhere in auctex.

True.  This is due to the fact that Jan is using the l3doc.cls for
writing his .dtx file and not ltxdoc, so his .dtx file looks like this:

%<*driver>
\documentclass{l3doc}

\begin{document}
\DocInput{tuc-memo.dtx}
\end{document}
%</driver>

AUCTeX doesn't have a style file for l3doc.cls (yet).  Hence doc.el is
not loaded and the rest is standard procedure of not available
completions etc.

So the shortcoming is missing l3doc.el.

> Can it really be that those have never be enabled automatically?  If so,
> what's the reason?

Actually it shouldn't be needed to activate them automatically, loading
\documentclass{ltxdoc} in a .dtx should be sufficient.

> Well, it seems our dtx support is a bit lacking behind.

I agree.

> Unfortunately, I don't really have any experience with docTeX so I'm
> not sure what would be the right thing.  Maybe enabling the "doc" (or
> "ltxdoc"?) style in docTeX-mode would at least be the first step.

See above.  I think the course of action is to update doc.el (I have
some sort of update on my HD) and write a l3doc.el which loads the rest.

Best, Arash