Re: Missing l3doc.el

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: Missing l3doc.el
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2022 20:08:38 +0100

Jan Braun <Jan.Braun@klein-gallien.org> writes:

>> Am 05.03.2022 um 14:04 schrieb Jan Braun <Jan.Braun@klein-gallien.org>:
>>
>> So a workaround could be, to copy file doc.el into l3doc.el
>> and place it e.g. into TeX-style-private’.
>
> As a proof of concept, I manually added `\usepackage{doc}’
> to my dtx file and … wow!  It worked.
>
> So I am sure, my suggested workaround will do for me.

I'm not sure why you want to copy doc.el, the natural candidate for me
would be ltxdoc.el.  If you look at ltxdoc.el, you'll see that it does
some work before loading doc.el.  But again, I think the way forward is
to have a proper l3doc.el.  I'm attaching my first 10 minutes take on
it.  Maybe you want to give it a roll.

> I must confess, although even Bob did his best to train me in
> Lisp, I am really horrible when it comes to Lisp programming.
> But I will do my very best, to adapt the existing doc.el file
> to the new LaTeX3 class/style file.
>
> I will upload them here, if you don’t mind?

Not at all, you can always send code to the list.  Just note that you
have to transfer the copyright to FSF if you want that code to be
integrated in AUCTeX.

Best, Arash