Re: Missing l3doc.el

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: Missing l3doc.el
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 19:49:17 +0100

Jan Braun <Jan.Braun@klein-gallien.org> writes:

> I consider inserting the macro environment still uncomplete:
>
> —8<———
> % \begin{macro}{\foobar}
>
> % \end{macro}
> —8<———
>
> There must be a percent sign in between.

Thanks for your feedback.  The insertion of that environment is
controlled by the function `LaTeX-env-no-comment' defined in doc.el[1].
I made that change in 5886c49d94 but I can't remember why.  I think the
understanding was that one would immediately insert a macrocode
environment where % is inserted automatically.  I will reconsider this
once I try to finish doc.el for package version 3.

Best, Arash

Footnotes:
[1]  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/auctex.git/tree/style/doc.el#n35