Re: Dependency on tex-buf.el

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: Dependency on tex-buf.el
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 17:51:41 +0100

> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> Almost all of them in this regard because they _track_ the operations
> (like renaming a file) done while Git only records directory snapshots
> and the commit graph.  But that also means that you need to be careful
> how you rearrange things in other version control systems so that they
> can track the ancestry of material, and moving material between files or
> splitting or merging files generally leads to a loss of significant
> amounts of information.
Very interesting!

Although that gets a bit off topic:

I do a lot of moving and or renaming in my repositories.

Now if I use vc-annotate in either git or hg repositories, the changes
are displayed correctly, however what does not work is
vc-annotate-prev-revision for a file that I have renamed.

Maybe this is impossible.

--
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.