Re: Dependency on tex-buf.el

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: Dependency on tex-buf.el
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 08:39:30 +0100

> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> In Git it should work

Well this does not work

git init
echo "First" > test.org
git add -A test.org
git commit -a -m "First"
echo "Second" >> test.org
git commit -a -m "Second"
echo "Third" >> test.org
git commit  -a -m "Third"
echo "Forth" >> test.org
git commit  -a -m "Forth"
mv test.org testnew.org
git add -A
git commit  -a -m "Renamed file test.org to testnew.org"

> (if you _combine_ renaming a file with changing
> its contents in a single commit, git blame may need additional options
> to track this).  In Hg it likely depends on whether you renamed using
> the version control system or outside of it.

Does not work neither

hg init
echo "First" > test.org
hg add test.org
hg commit  -m "First"
echo "Second" >> test.org
hg commit  -m "Second"
echo "Third" >> test.org
hg commit  -m "Third"
echo "Forth" >> test.org
hg commit  -m "Forth"
hg mv test.org testnew.org
hg commit  -m "Renamed file test.org to testnew.org"

> Unlikely...

I think I will bring up that subject on emacs devel.

--
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.