Re: [monky for hg] (was: a bit off topic: overleaf and indentation)

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [monky for hg] (was: a bit off topic: overleaf and indentation)
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 14:19:47 +0200

On 2022-03-27, at 09:42, Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> wrote:

>> On 2022-03-26, at 09:46, Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> wrote:
>

>> I used to be a Mercurial guy, too, but then one thing happened that made
>> Git infinitely better.
>
>> Magit.
>
> I now remember for hg there is monky (a bit outdated). I gave it a try,
> well for me vc-dir is enough, so I have to see what is exciting about magit.

For me, the best things about Magit are:

- speed (most Git commands are at most 2 keystrokes away, as are more
  parameters - and I don't need to remember the terrible CLI syntax)

- interactivity (Magit basically displays a kind of mix of "git status"
  and "git diff", and most things displayed are interactive - you can
  e.g. stage a part of a diff by putting a region on it and pressing
  `s').

Hth,

--
Marcin Borkowski