Re: [a last word on magit, it does not work] (was: a bit off topic: over

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [a last word on magit, it does not work] (was: a bit off topic: overleaf and indentation)
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 14:21:50 +0200

On 2022-03-27, at 09:53, Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> wrote:

>> On 2022-03-26, at 09:46, Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> wrote:
>

>> I used to be a Mercurial guy, too, but then one thing happened that made
>> Git infinitely better.
>
>> Magit.
>
> I am using a decent GNU emacs master version, and just installed magit
> via the package system.
>
> When I open the cloned auctex repository (which uses git) and say in the
> file tex.el the command magit I obtain an error. I know that you are not
> the author and I don't bother you with the bug trace, just saying, my
> «first contact» with magit well did not impress me...😇

Well, I didn't even know there is a `magit' command;-).  Now I see it's
just an alias for `magit-status', which is indeed the main entry point
to Magit.

Having said that, it's strange - Magit has always worked for me OOTB.
What error did you get?  (Also, you can say `M-x magit-status' anywhere
in the repo.)

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski