Re: reftex-view-crossref seems not to work for external documents

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: reftex-view-crossref seems not to work for external documents
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2022 09:18:28 +0200

Hi Uwe,

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> I attach two files, using the externaldocument command.
>
> When I run the reftex-view-crossref I obtain the following error
>

> ,----
> | Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "ref: Label E:EULERPOISSON not found")
> |   signal(error ("ref: Label E:EULERPOISSON not found"))
> |   error("ref: Label %s not found" "E:EULERPOISSON")
> |   reftex-view-cr-ref((4) "E:EULERPOISSON" nil)
> |   reftex-view-crossref((4))
> |   funcall-interactively(reftex-view-crossref (4))
> |   call-interactively(reftex-view-crossref nil nil)
> |   command-execute(reftex-view-crossref)
> `----
>
> Any idea what is the problem?

I had a quick look and it seems to me that RefTeX needs an optional
argument to \externaldocument macro in order to identify the labels as
such.

Can you try this in your main.tex and see if it works:

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}

\usepackage{varioref}