Re: reftex-view-crossref seems not to work for external documents

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: reftex-view-crossref seems not to work for external documents
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2022 12:58:11 +0200

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> If I use this labels such as A- and B-
>
> Reftex-references insert indeed
> (\ref{A-E:EULERPOISSON})
>
> And then reftex-view-crossref finds it, however since the label in the
> original file still is \label{E:EULERPOISSON} then latex does not find
> this reference.
>
> What do I miss?
> I attach the three files

Sorry, I don't understand what you describe.  I can run pdflatex on
the file attached and they work for me as expected.  FTR, you define
labels like \label{E:EULERPOISSON} in your files, and you reference them
like \ref{E:EULERPOISSON} in that file.  If you want to reference that
label in an external file, say main.tex, you do \ref{A-E:EULERPOISSON}
in main.tex.

Here the files I tried.  I had to comment out \usepackage{equation}
since I don't have it.

Best, Arash

P.S. Can you please change the subject lines to a real new subject, if
at all?  Things like [solved], [new problem] etc. are rather confusing
once the stand alone there.  Thanks.