autoconf-archive-maintainers

[patch #7074] shared_ptr & weak_ptr from boost

From: Peter Simons
Subject: [patch #7074] shared_ptr & weak_ptr from boost
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 12:58:22 +0000

Update of patch #7074 (project autoconf-archive):

         Discussion Lock:                     Any => Locked

Follow-up Comment #7:

Hi Piotr,

I don't still don't quite see how your macros would improve on the existing
AX_BOOST_BASE macro. We already have a solution in the archive that can detect
boost::shared_ptr, and Boost can detect TR1, so there seems to be no original
value to your submission. Also, your code leaves the impression of being very
much untested work-in-progress, rather than a mature solution, and I would not
want to add it to the archive in it's current state.

My recommendation is to post your macros to the boost developers mailing list
and to get feedback from there, first of all. Once the code has stabilized and
has been tested and has been documented, please open a new ticket at the patch
tracker and re-submit them.

With kind regards,
Peter

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?7074>