Re: Meta list issue: subject prefixes

From: Ossama Othman
Subject: Re: Meta list issue: subject prefixes
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 14:32:28 -0700

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 02:42:40PM -0500, Robert Boehne wrote:
> For me this is getting ridicilous, I'm getting from
> 2 to 7 copies of each posting, not at the same time,
> sometimes over the period of a week.  This didn't happen
> very often up until about three weeks ago.
> I'd give up my first born to have this fixed.

Ditto.  :-)

The duplicate e-mails started appearing about the same time the switch
was made to Mailman.  Judging from the listinfo website, it looks like
a Mailman beta (2.0beta6) is being used.  Considering the volume of
the gnu.org mailing lists, how about switching to a stable version?
Of course, Mailman may not be at fault at all, but it certainly does
seem like things started going awry when the switch was made.

-Ossama
--
Ossama Othman <address@hidden>
Distributed Object Computing Laboratory, Univ. of California at Irvine