Re: Success (mostly) with the testsuite

From: David Morgan
Subject: Re: Success (mostly) with the testsuite
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 12:05:30 -0700

Pavel Roskin wrote:

> Hello, David!
>
> > Neutrino is very different from QNX 4 - it is more Unix compliant - I think
> > :)
>
> I see.
>
> > > You can also mail me /bin/sh. I hope we'll not be prosecuted for that :-)
> >
> > But as you don't have the same OS do you still want it?
>
> At least I could try to reproduce some of the problems.
>
> > > What makefile problems?
> >
> > The most basic one is that my srcdir is:
> >
> > srcdir = //1/tmp/autoconf/. . .
>
> It's an Autoconf problem. srcdir shouldn't be set to this value.

I have been investigating the cause of this.

The best I can come up with so far is the line that does the sed replacement.

/^X\(\/\).*/{ s//\1/p; q;}

When presented with ac_file=Makefile this substitution is returning
. XMakefile which I am not sure where we get this from.  It seems to work
on the command line when passed XMakefile so I am not sure.

I've tried this in a small script and the same wrong thing happens.
Given ac_file=Makefile I get . XMakefile

I'd appreciate a suggestion as to what to look at.  I'm taking a lunch
break and then will have another look with fresher eyes.

> > With the three . on the end - I'm pretty sure this is a problem.
>
> Of course it is.
>
> > GNU make is shipped with QNX it is 3.74 and from memory 3.76 does not
> > configure correctly - surprise :)
>
> Let's restrict ourself to the version they are shipping. I guess they must
> have patched GNU make to support a "less UNIX compliant" OS.

I am at this