Re: AC_INIT(ac_unique_file)

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: AC_INIT(ac_unique_file)
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 13:07:09 +0100

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 02:26:27PM -0500, Pavel Roskin wrote:
: > : Are you suggesting that "autoconf" issues a warning as well?
: >
: > Yes, if there's no case where generating a configure-script under such a
: > circumstance is useful...
:
: It has a low priority for me. I'll not object if anybody else does it.

OK, I just wanted to know if there was a reason for the current behaviour
before I considered working on a patch for it.  Since noone else has objected,
I just might create one :)

: > Maybe the ac_unique_file test should ensure that ac_unique_file really is a
: > file?
:
: Certainly no. I've seen many cases when a directory (even ".") is used.

Noted.

  Lars J