Re: ac_cv_prog_gcc

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: ac_cv_prog_gcc
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 10:11:44 -0500 (EST)

Hello, Akim!

> For instance if for some reason the user had
>
> AC_CANONICAL_SYSTEM([This macro computes $host])(echo "$host)
>
> then autoupdate with parens (the current one) will produce
>
> AC_CANONICAL_TARGET([])(echo "$host)
>
> which is correct, while without parens you'd produce this:
>
> AC_CANONICAL_TARGET(echo "$host)
>
> which is wrong.

I meant that a macro with arguments should become a macro with arguments.
This obviously buries the idea of having two AU_ALIAS'es.

On the other hand, a macro with exactly 0 arguments should become a macro
with 0 arguments. Macros with 0 arguments don't have parentheses, so it
shouldn't be a problem.

I'll have a look whether it's possible to implement AU_ALIAS in such way.

Regards,
Pavel Roskin